Today sublimation is rightly seen as the perfect way to preserve foods. To take a closer look let’s compare sublimated foods and their benefits that exceed those of well-known dried foods by far.
- Sublimated foods require can be produced from only high quality products. There is a specified time frame between the food is harvested or prepared and sublimated that should be maintained. Products that are any old will not stand the process of sublimation.
- Vegetables, fruits, berries and melons keep their flavor and attractive shape.
- The portion of good elements in sublimated foods is higher than that of dried foods. The reason is thermal treatment, after which dried fruits lose a lot of beneficial components, while sublimation process requires prior quick freeze at -45C. This procedure leads to the formation of small crystals in the foods and does not damage food cell membranes.
- Sublimated foods can be kept for much longer period of time – from 2 to 5 years.
- In sublimated foods the taste and nutritional value of the fresh foods remain for a long time even in rough conditions and temperature difference (from -50C to +50C)